- Self Aware – Group Exhibition
Weinberger Fine Art is proud to present “Self Aware” a group exhibition featuring new work from Jodi Lightner, Amber Stene, and Janet Davidson-Hues. The exhibition will open Friday December 5, with an artist reception from 5-8 pm in conjunction with the Crossroads Art District’s First Friday. A brief artist talk will take place at 7 pm.
Recently, collaborative artists, Jodi Lightner and Amber Stene, found themselves in new environments, surrounded by new attitudes – Lightner in Billings, Montana, and Stene in Portland, Oregon. They developed a body of work that revealed different responses to the idea that the reinvention of one’s self is necessary to gain acceptance in society. This series entitled “Reinventing Self” will be shown at Weinberger Fine Art accompanied by specially selected solo work from each artist.
“Don’t Quote Me,” a collection of recent paintings from Lawrence based artist Janet Davidson-Hues will also be be featured in this exhibition. With a career spanning over 30 years, Davidson-Hues has dedicated herself to examining different facets of language. The combination of word and image through improvisational paint application results in a visual energy that both conceals and reveals meaning in her work.
- New York Artist Andy Gershon: New Series Debut
- Hunt Slonem: Artist Reception and Book Signing
- KC Studio Magazine presents “KC + Connect” event series
- “The Bias for Beauty” New Paintings by Wes Benson
- “A Tale of Two Cities” The Flow Paintings of Jonas Gerard
- “Sex and the City” Starring Michael Regnier
- February Exhibition: Featuring MaJo